Friday 6 September 2024

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

       Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week, well last week really.

We arrived at Matlock Bath (Derbyshire) on Bank Holiday Monday to find not only the usual collection of Motorcyclists but the Dutch doing their tour.
This is called the Carbage Rally.


Carbage run is a 5 day road terip through Europ in an old piece of junk though these didn't look loike junk to me.
It says the rules are simple: the car is not worth more than 500 Euros and is at least 15 years old. This rally is not abou speed but lots of noise and flashing lights which was exactly how it was and great fun.



But you can't go to Matlock Bath without seeing the Motorbikes.


Most of the riders are very mature maybe not what you might expect. They sit and chat about motorbikes and visit the bikers leather shop which is on the other side of the hotel where we stay.



This is one of the doors in the hotel which is still in the style that it would have been when the Victorians stayed here to enjoy the waters.

  Matlock Bath is so called because of the health spa.
It began much earlier than the Victorian times and in 1698 three medical springs were discovered but became very popu;ar with the Victorians who liked to use the Baths believing it was good for their health.

Matlock Bath is a village in the Derbyshire Peak District, located at the Bottom of the Derwent Valley though I know most of my UK friends will know this already.

I wont bore you again with lots of photos of the inside of the hotel as I showed these last year but if you missed them they are here:
It is very unusual to find a hotel like this as most have been renovated to a more modern style.


Breakfast how you like it.


I have to say this was one of my favourite ways to start the day.


We had these gorgeous homemade pies at Rose Cottage one of the motorcyclists favourite bars.
Those who know me will be aware that I don't eat potato so lots of extra veg, gorgeous.


I'm going to stop here but will show you more next week.
Just a little something to make you smile and then I'm off.



Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

5 comments:

mamapez5 said...

All those cars look like lots of fun. The motor bikes too if you like them which I don't much! The hotel is lovely and the food good so all in all it must have been a great visit. Kate x

Annie said...

Those cars look fun and so do the bikes...I think many of the riders are just proving they still can as they are often older. Your hotel/food looks lovely.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Ah the crazy Dutch! What fun! I suppose it would have been more fun than the motorbikes. I do like motorbikes but I'm not into racing.
The hotel door is beautiful as is the rest of the hotel (I looked at the photos from last year). That food looks absolutely lovely. It's making me hungry. I also like a good pie. Sometimes there is an English couple in the Sunday market that make pies and I have been known to buy one.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love the Dutch they may be crazy but they are also very artistic, one of my favourite ladies at the craft club is Dutch and she always comes up with great ideas. I have a book that was written by some dutch crafters and though it is very old the designs are still in advance of what most people in the UK make and fine artists....some of the best came from the Netherlands, Vermeer, Van Gogh, Mondrian, I could go on xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think the Cabbage Run sounds like a lot of fun. More fun than the bikes, I believe.

Stunning Victorian door. Your meals sound and look wonderful and you are making me very hungry.

The Matlock Baths sound a bit like Bath itself. What an interesting trip.

The funnies were actually quite heartwarming. Have a super rest of the weekend and a great next week, dear Angela.

Blogs I follow

01 09 10