Friday 9 August 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week, well last week really though I have been busy this week too.


As promised, more photos from the country show at Heckington despite the weather.


It's nice to see these old farming implements surviving.



Gorgeous engraved pottery.



I know we're in Lincolnshire UK not America. I believe they have a Lincoln in Nebraska.




I think somebody here must have had a hard weekend Lol!



Beautiful Gypsy caravan for the fortune teller.




Interesting collection of old tractors.
These are tiny in comparison to what they actually use today.


These ladies were entertaining the visitors with their forties songs.



Naturally we went into the craft tent.



These were some Needle Felted pieces done by local people.




Garden Sculpture.


I don't need to tell you what this is!




Children's work.



Baking on show too.




I think these exhibits really show that this is a true village show unlike some agricultural shows which only seem interesting in advertising and selling farm machinery.


Next came the vegetable section.






More crafty stuff.



You can just imagine the village must really work hard to get all these wonderful things ready for the show and what a great job they've done, I'm sure you'll agree.


I thought you might like to see how the Cygnets are getting on.


 They certainly aren't babies any more, nearly as big as mum. There must be a lot of nutrition in pond weed!


Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

9 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m so late for WOYWW that I’ve got double postings to read! Lovely pics from the show, I really like a proper local show. We still use one of this old tiny tractors to top off a couple of fields that my In Laws own! It’s incredibly reliable and people often offer to buy it off the family! Mine aren’t altenew, but I have some layering stamps and dies and I have exactly the same feelings about them. It falls me that I do all the stamping and inking and come up with a pretty good image, and then the die doesn’t fit so well, makes it look naff! Will be complaining/blogging about it soon!!

Lynn Holland said...

That looks like a fantastic event, one we would have loved. It’s very much like the Cartmel one in Cumbria x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing more fabulous photos from the show. Yes it truly looked like a village show with all the crafts etc. The needle point looked amazing, loved the garden sculpture and love the gypsy caravan too. In fact I love it all!! Great to see the traditions going strong. Thank you for the update with the cygnets too x

Dotty Jo said...

What talented folk they breed in that area! Jo x

mamapez5 said...

It is good to share your visit to the show. A pity the weather wasn't kinder. I love looking around the tent to see what folk have made. I often wonder what makes one Victorian sponge, or loaf of bread, better than another. They all look pretty good to me. I bet there is a fair bit of rivalry in the town over that.
The cygnets have all lasted the season well and look very fit and healthy. Kate x

pam said...

Looks like a wonderful show Angela, pity about our weather, but glad it did`nt spoil your day.
Pam x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos of the country show. It looks like it was fun to attend. Those cygnets do look almost fully grown, which is nice to see.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

One of the first things I thought of was when I saw that person in the vehicle, get them out of there! Then I noticed people were actually wearing coats! We've had several deaths this summer due to people leaving their children in a hot car. We can't seem to come up with a way to keep it from happening. No one has suggested this, but my belief is, if you have something in the back seat, these new vehicles are so smart, they should be able to tell when a car seat is empty. If not empty, an alarm should be raised and a warning to check the back seat. If it's a bag of groceries, so be it. If it's a child, you've saved their life. The other day, even though people have been warned about how little time it takes for a child to die, a man left his dog in a locked car with the windows up. Someone broke in and got the dog out. The man (dog owner) was charged with animal abuse and may go to jail.

Off my soap box now. Those old tools were wonderful. What is great is they are being preserved for future generations. yes, there is a Lincoln, Nebraska. That gypsy caravan was very well detailed and appointed. This looks like one of our county or state fairs, too, Angela, so I really enjoyed seeing the crafts and the food, too.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks for stopping by earlier in the week, too.

Crafting With Jack said...

I would have enjoyed going to that craft show :) Have you tried needle felting?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10