Wednesday 7 August 2019

Country View Crafts Guest Designer.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a Concertina Book made with.....Yes it's a  Masterboard though I realise it's not Monday! 
This is a little extra this week as I have been asked by Susan at Country View Crafts to be one of their Guest Designers and of course I said yes.

The theme for this month is Texture and I'm sure you will want to pop over and see what the Design Team have come up with and maybe join in the Challenge but first of all I would like to show you what I've made and here it is.



A Concertina Book.



I started with this pretty awful looking mop up card. I can never resist taking a piece of spare card to any left over ink on my craft mat.


So believe me this is not just a piece of mucky paper Lol!


I added more layers of Distress Oxides Sprays to start building up the colours.


And using the same colours in the Distress Ink range I started stamping using text stamps and the base of my glue stick.


More stamping with the circle stamp but keeping the colours within the range because there will be more fun to add later!


This close-up gives you a better idea of the detail so far.


All that lovely Masterboard and what does she do but chops it all up Lol!


 Now the fun begins as I am about to add some Texture you can really feel and see.



I so love this and if you've used Vilene interfacing it's basically the same thing.
Paint it first and then apply heat with your heat gun and watch the magic. 


So much gorgeous bubbling but don't forget to stop before it disintegrates. 


The next type of texture is simple too, just apply crackle glaze through a stencil and leave to dry, love it.


Gorgeous texture!


A few die cut plants and spiders. Some of the ferns were decorated with Nail Art beads which are quite small and very useful.


And a cobweb, love this die. 
Add some embossing ink and powder to the die cut piece then heat it up. I love the finish which is much nicer than just having die cut card.


Now we're ready to start putting everything together.
You may have wondered what the puffy fabric was going to be used for well that's the stone around the edge of my pond and I've applied a gilding sheet to resemble the water fall.


With the inner pages I added some stamping before adding the die cuts. The stamps used here are by Lavinia Stamps.

Then it's just a matter of adding any little extras to complete the design. I included some Glitter glue in places.


At this stage I also added some sentiments which were stamped in black Archival ink and then heat embossed.



For the inner page sentiments I used several Paper Artsy stamp sets.



And the front page, this woodblock stamp by Dovecraft.


I also added some small copper brads along the top of the front page and a small butterfly which I made by stamping a Chocolate Baroque stamp onto shrink plastic, coloured it with felt tip pens and then heated to shrink it.


Just a quick look now at the inner pages where I added little extras to complete the design such as Glitter glue and some more shrink plastic charms. 


My dear friend Diana Taylor made some ATCs with a similar theme and it tempted me to make this concertina book.
If you've never seen her blog you are missing a treat and can find her here.


I hope you've enjoyed watching me make this and please do pop over to see what the DT have come up with for this challenge.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

11 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Wow Angela, this is fabulous. So many details, so much work and so much texture! The distressing paper is a new one on me unless it is similar to the American Tyvek. Must investigate... xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm in texture heaven Angela, always loved how Vilene reacts with heat, a happy accident found back in my college days although Teacher was not very happy :D The distressing paper is a new one on me, i need to know more..
A beautiful and creative concertina creation i've loved watching how it transformed layer by layer. A wonderful walk through the English Countryside.
Thanks for sharing with us Angela & Congrats on your Guest Design spot over at Country View Crafts.
Have a fabulous day.. Big Hugs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

This concertina album is absolutely fabulous, Angela. All those amazing textures, and the beautiful layers of stencilling and stamping and crackle. So many treats lurking in the undergrowth! Congratulations on a great guest designer spot at CVC.
Alison x

Helen said...

Such a fabulous concertina card! and some of my favourite PA stamps sets, too.

Mac Mable said...

What a unique and amazing Concertina book Angela x. So much interest, so much texture and full of fun techniques. I always love how you use your master boards as a starting point. The waterfall is fun and so are the rocks. I so enjoyed reading your post and learnt lots.....Thank you x. You are so inspirational and many congratulations on guesting x.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This came out fantastic looking. I never would've guessed what you started with would end up so different looking. The wonderful blues and greens are still there in the background, but then you added great complementary items, creating a whole new look.

Sue said...

This is brilliant Angela, I always love your masterboards, and the texture on your album is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Country View Crafts and have a fun week, Sue xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow! This is amazing Angela! Your masterboards are always so awesome and I totally love the colour palette and the textures. Lots of fun techniques and totally brilliant result!! Congratulations on the GDT spot .. you rocked it!!! hugs xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Hello I left a comment yesterday, but the Internet here is on and off like a yo yo, so you may not have got. I love the idea of using a master board for the book. I came back today to check why you cut up the master board. I looked at the other concertina book you did and I am guessing you did this the same? What weight of card did you use for the masterboard?

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Angela, thank you so much for popping over to my blog and answering my question, and for the compliment too :). Angela x

Jane said...

So gorgeous Angela..so much texture. It's a wonderful project xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10