Monday 30 January 2023

Review of 2022

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show one more of my projects from last year.

This will be the final review of 2022.

It just had to be my favourite project from Hobbilicious. 

 If you would like to see how I put this together you can find the details here: here: here: and here: and yes there was a lot of time spent on this project. Hope you think it was worth it.

 

 
Some of the embellishments are MDF, metal and some are moulded resin.

 
The tentacles are moulded using a Zuri mould.

 
The back was covered with printed papers and then a few embellishments added.

 
I don't know why but this reminds me of a face.

 
You can see the tenrtacles better here.

 
This was just a test run with some of the embellishments.

  
Which I painted before attaching.

 
This was after I had constructed the violin and considering the layout.

 
Lots of MDF embellishments.
 
This next part looks like the deconstruction section!
but you'll get it I'm sure.

 
Just started by adding some ripped up paper to the front.

 
Easy way for this is to draw around the violin onto the paper and cut it out then use a file to tidy the edge when the paper is glued down.

 
The siddes are screwed up black tissue paper which came in the box with the embellishments...waste not want not! and it gives a great textural effect.

 
Just a few ideas of how this came together.

 
I used some soft grey board between the sections but it could be left open too.



 
Don't worry I wont keep you much longer.
 
 This little project took up quite some time as you can imagine but loved making it.

I would love to hear your comments too.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

5 comments:

Sue said...

What an amazing project this was Angela. It wasn't just the making, but all the thought and the planning that went into it as well. Those tentacles look amazing on the black tissue paper! Take care and have a very happy week, love from a rather cloudy (but still MUCH warmer than home) Tenerife xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That looks super cool, Angela!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a stunning project, Angela - it was wonderful to see it come together and become the beauty it blossomed into! All I can say is 'WOW'!!!!!

Crafty Claire said...

This was a fabulous project. Lovely to get another look at it xx

Craftyfield said...

Ah yes, a fabulous project, a work of love and patience no wonder it's your favourite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10