Friday 16 June 2023

Friday fun day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


I know this is not something you see very often but it had to be done.
Been doing some gardening and just thought I deserved a little sit down watching the fish and listening to the water bubbling through the waterfall, what could be better.

Most of the week has been spent sorting mum's stuff deciding what she might like to keep and what can go to charity.
Weeding the raised bed and doing some spring cleaning. We might not be getting any rain but the weeds grow like mad.

Hubby has been on his next tour of England moderating art work again. Staffordshire this week so I've been able to get a few jobs done.
Just another couple of weeks to go before he finishes.


The moles are getting beyond a joke right now!
They are building mountains.
This area has very open sandy soil which is obviously easy to dig if you are a Mole!

So that's it really for this week, might have something more interesting next week.

Can't leave you without some Schnauzer Knowledge!

These are things about Schnauzers that I love.


No.1 has to be their gorgeous twitchy noses.


No.2 those gorgeous eyes that look at you as though they know exactly what you're thinking, they look right into your soul.
When you're happy so are they and when you're not they know.


Now that seems a bit serious so I'm offering something here to make you smile before you go.
This is so cute.
I bet the one riding is a girl. In my experience they are always the boss.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

7 comments:

mamapez5 said...

I use to sit by our pond to listen and watch too. It was so relaxing.
Mum threw everything away, (including stuff we wished she had kept), but at least there was not much sorting out to do when she left us.
Those moles are a real problem for you. They are the cutest little creatures with fur like velvet, but they sure can do a lot ao damage.
The schnauzer eyes really do look like they can see inside your mind.
Sorry I am a bit late today. I forgot to link up before rushing off for my appointment. Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely post Angela. What sort of art is your hubby moderating? Sounds interesting!! Schnauzers are fun dogs, and good companions. Have a good weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Running water always makes me need a wee so I'd not be sitting there long :-)
Don't do too much in the heat. We used to have moles at our old house and used to pat the mole hills down with the back of a spade....they didn't like the vibrations and soon moved on. I hope the sorting out at your mum's soon gets done for you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If it's over 80 F (27ish C), you wouldn't find me outside. Glad it was good weather for you.

We had a mole infestation a couple of years ago, but thankfully it was down the street and the moles never made it here.

It's always hard to go through someone else's things. I hope you are able to sort your mother's things while she is still active and attentive.

Ah! Such cute schnauzers. You found some good ones to highlight. Have a super Friday and rest of the weekend, dear Angela.

Lisca said...

It’s difficult to go through someone else’s stuff. I hope you know your mum well enough to know what she would like. If not, choose the things you would like as I assume you’ll be an heir.
I didn’t know your hubby moderates art. Is that his job? What kind of art?
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, a pond, how wonderful! Reminds me I have a little indoors-fountain, I will fill it and turn in on in a minute :-)
It must be hard to go through your mother´s stuff. Lisca sure has a practical suggestion. Cure Schnautzer-pics, have a great weekend x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fun post, Angela - love it that you actually got a chance to sit and enjoy your beautiful garden. That's truly a blissful feeling, isn't it?! And of course, your doggo photos are a delight...they are such wonderful creatures. I'm with you on the girl joy-riding; females quietly ruling the roost forever. 😂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10