Friday 8 September 2023

Friday Fun day with Smiles.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

I have lots to show you but will stagger everything so as not to keep you here for too long.
So there will be more next week, great if you like Steampunk.

This was August Bank Holiday when the Steampunk Festival took place.


Lucy the dragon is back at the Lincoln castle and she liked it so much that she has brought her friend Norman with her this time.

She has arrived in plenty of time to settle before the Steampunk festival began.


As usual there's a wide variety of costumes.


Often very stylish.


Some are quite amazing and must have taken an age to make.


They are so imaginative.


And very creative. 


Though a bit strange at times.


The ages of the people who attend vary too.


Don't worry the gun is only a replica. 


There are many imaginative ideas for Steampunk weapons.



And the pets are so sweet.


On the Monday after the Steampunk Festival we started our journey to Whitby in North Yorkshire.
Some of you may know that Bram Stoker based his novel of Dracula around Whitby and it was there in the library he found the name.


We went over the Humber bridge on the way to Whitby. Great views.


Just to give you an idea of where we are.


Yorkshire Moors.


And nearly there but it is quite a long way from Lincoln, took us about  four hours in all.


And this is the Guest house where we stayed.


Beautiful room.


Very cosy.


With lots of original features.


Then into the town.


Several boat trips if you fancy it.


But I'm more interested in walking round and taking a few photographs.


We had a visit to the Abbey after walking up these long steps to the top of ther hill.


I wonder if you can see what Icecream they are selling?


I have lots more photographs of the Abbey but will save those for next week.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

"I love Lucy" :-)
Big, big WOW, this is supercool, and the octopus, awww...
No, I don´t know that icecream, but then I´m not into sweets much.
The Abbey sure is impressive!
Have a great weekend xXx

Annie said...

I love Lucy....I wonder how she got her name :-) The steam punk always makes me smile...all so very creative.
Hugs,
Annie x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely to see the photos of Lincoln and Whitby, so beautiful! Hve fun in Whitby! Hugs, Valerie

mamapez5 said...

Well steampunk isn't really my style but the costumes are amazing and some folk had a lot of imagination and fun putting them together.
Your trip to Whitby sounds great. I would join you on the walk to 5ake photos rather than a boat trip any day.
The Abbey ruins look wonderful so I look forward to more photos next time. Kate x

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences... and that guest house room is beautiful and cozy, indeed!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wanted to stop by before I went to the High Tea put on by my PBS station. I have always been fascinated with Steampunk. This year the costumes look even more and more elegant than before. I was so impressed and loved every outfit you shared. Such a great variety, too.

I have no idea where Whitby is, so the road signs are lost on me, even though the landscape is stunning. You stayed in a beautiful room, well appointed room, too. Have a great rest of the weekend, dear Angela.

Kyla said...

ooh the festival looks amazing. I remember many years ago being introduced to steampunk by fellow WOYWW Morti (Diane) at a crop as I hadnt heard of it before great to see its still going.
thanks for visiting my desk already,
kyla

Win Dinn, Artist said...

As always, I am agog at your Steampunk photos. My jaw dropped about half a dozen times...pure delight there! 🤩

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10