Wednesday 13 September 2023

WOYWW - 745 - What's On your Workdesk Wednsday.

   Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.


Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.



So here is my desk for today!


This was where I left you last week.


And this has been the progress this week.


Time to add the Gesso. As the colours will be quite dark I've started with black Gesso.


You can probably tell now that the theme is the Sea.


Still some way to go yet but hopefully I will have moved on a bit by next week.
This kind of project is not something you can rush as there are always things to dry and set but I love making something like this as the waiting time lets you think about the next stage and I can tell you plans are always changing if they ever existed in the first place! but the fun is in the process.

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

17 comments:

Helen said...

the black gesso really shows up the texture of the work - you just know it's going to be beautiful when you add the colours! Have a creative, sea-themed week waiting for things to dry! Happy WOYWW Helen #8

Tracy said...

I'm sat here singing 😁🎶 Under the sea as I type, smile on my face 🐠🦀🐙🐟 I just know it's going toooo be fantastical Angela 🤸 I'm exciteeeed 💕🎶🐠🥰💕😍🤸 how many sleeps till next time 🙃 So much joy I wish ⭐️ yooou 🥰 love and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

Christine said...

Wow! what a change . . . . so exciting, thank you for sharing the journey . . . not something I would do but so, so interesting.
Take care and have an enjoyable week
Christine #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oooh, that’s so interesting, I really love what you’ve done so far - like Davy Jones’ locker in my eyes! Such a lot of detail, you are so talented!
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

BJ said...

Even with just black gesso it looks Amazing. so exciting. Hugs BJ#1

Crafting With Jack said...

What a difference a week makes! It’s already looking impressive, I shall look forward to the progress x Angela #4

Lindart said...

Wow! That is really evolving, I love it! I can see how it would be so much fun to work on a project like this, watching it come alive! Have a great week, Lindart #20

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I certainly don't see any toes this week, Angela. This is turning out to be beautiful. I LOVE that sea theme. It is going to be stunning when you are finished. Thanks for sharing the in-progress shots. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

Twiglet said...

Your project is coming along beautifully. What creative talent you are! x x Jo

Annie said...

I'm very late calling round today but I'm not sorry because we have had a very special day making memories with little Louie...and no sewing was done at all.
I'm really loving the progression Angela.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, this is fabulous! What a lot of work you have put into it! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

I am so enjoying this journey with you whilst you decorate this box. It is looking fabulous and I can imagine that there will be some form of colour coming in shortly, either gilding in some way on the edges or something like pearlescent ocean colours - brushed on. Whatever you do Angela, I know it will be something worth waiting for.
Hugs, neet 16 xx

Mary Anne said...

I am stunningly unobservant sometimes. I initially thought you were working on a whole new piece, but of COURSE it is just your (mini LOL!) shelf on it's side. It looks AMAZING and it is going to be stunning when you make the final reveal. Cannot wait!!

Happy lovely day late WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Sarah Brennan said...

The black gesso shows up the texture and the moulded items perfectly Angela. Loving the progress updates. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm already drooling over that shelf, given the theme and the punch of black gesso to start. How fun!!!

rose said...

Very cool... and I'm anxious to see where the progress leads!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the progress with the project - look forward to next week!
A bit late but Happy WOYWW! Susan #7

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10