Wednesday 6 September 2023

WOYWW - 744 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

   Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.


So here is my desk for today!
And I'm still in the cabin.


You may remember that I was working on this desk last week. 
Now I have even more on the desk as I'm trying to decide what else I will use to decorate the box so there are moulded pieces and MDF.
The shelving at the back that you can see are where I store papers,card,journals etc.


I've added some stencilling to the outside but it's difficult to see that yet as the Gel medium I used dries clear but you will see it when I add the paint.
I've also added some more moulded bottles too.


I know some of you were interested in the rolling pin I've been using. I push the air dry clay into the mould, go over it with the roller then use a palette knife to scrape away the access so that it's flat in the mould.


I am looking at the posibility of adding something on the top of the box and this is my moulded octopus but not quite decided yet how this will develop.

I hope this will have moved on by the time you're back next week.

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

18 comments:

Christine said...

That last photo . . . I thought it was a foot and then realised they were bottles not toes . . . ha!ha!ha!
What a super octopus but I think he might like to dangle his tentacles down over the front a bit . . . just to see what's there sort of thing . . .
Take care and stay cool
Christine #16

Julia Dunnit said...

The beauty of the shed and your mind is that you have time and space to walk around the little shelf till it al comes to you and then comes together. I’m useless at that, very much want it done and onto the next thing. So I do admire your‘see how it develops approach very much. And I love those bottles!

Neet said...

Loved the shaped of that box last week and now that you are adding those bottles I love it more and more. I can see this is going to be another Angela Super Make.
If you go with the octopus on the top he will make a good handle to get hold of to lift the box, that is providing it is not too heavy to lift. Guess by next week it could have changed and be a clock or something. Depends osn the theme you are going with.
Love it anyway
~Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm like Christine, but for me, it was the first photo that looked like toes. The last one showed the texture you told us about. Your octopus is impressive. I look forward to seeing the completed shelving. Like Neet, I think it probably should depend on what theme you choose. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope you are enjoying your time in the cabin. You have some nice moulds. I have a few, too, but never thought to use a rolling pin! I love those toes! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

I can't wait to see this progress. I wish I had more space to play , the floor is not working any longer!! Happy woyww Helen #1

Mary Anne said...

OK so this is the first time I actually expanded the photo. Before it was mostly the shape with no decor that I felt I needed to examine. So it may not surprise you to know I thought this was a tall cabinet, like 6 feet or so. I never really looked at it as being on a desktop!

DOH. But it is really becoming something cool. And diddy. LOL!

Happy sunny WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day my friend.

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving how the latest project is going Angela. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Twiglet said...

That's a fun project - clever stuff that moulding. Looking forward to seeing the finished result. x x Jo

Annie said...

I'm running very late today but at least I've made it :-)
I love watching how your projects develop so thanks for sharing it.
Hugs,
Annie x # 11

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you’re enjoying working in your craft cabin.
Your box is beautiful- I love it’s shape. The octopus looks good up there!
Take care and have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 2xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Maybe you should go with a skull on top or a witches hat to go with bottles on the side? Feel free to ignore me 🤣🤣. Hugs Angela #3

Lindart said...

The box is certainly evolving! I love the octopus on top. It is so neat to watch a project take place where it hasn't been perfectly planned out, it brings a kind of life to the project, that is essentially creating itself! Already looking forward to next week! Have a great week, Lindart #20

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That shelf is already a knockout and I'm jumping up and down with anticipation to see it completed. You inspire me to the max, Angela!!

My name is Cindy said...

Oh wow, that shelf is going to be awesome!! Nice to see some different angles of your work area as well. I landed on your Friday post first - what amazing photos!! Looks such fun. Hope you have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #17

Tracy said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting Angela 🤗 I'm exciteeeeed to see you work your magic 😍⭐️🤩 woohoooo 🤸 I just know it's going tooo FABUUUULOUS ❤️ Have happppy creative week, much love and hugs Tracy #10 xxx
P.S
Thank you so much for your visit and lovely words 😊 Love spending time with my Mum ⭐️ helping out, though it was late when I got home. Heading back up tomorrow 💕 xxx

BJ said...

Oh my goodness, got a bit involved with the end of the acrylics course and seem to have signed up for a watercolour one too (wed-fri) and what with the heat and not sleeping even worse that usual, I'm only just emerging form all the stuff and the dust is settling.

Love how the box is coming along, aren't you hot in the cabin??? Do like the octopus, skimmed through the steampunk post above first and saw the unusual "pet" and thought that was right down your alley.

Hugs BJ#6

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10