Wednesday 26 June 2024

WOYWW - 786 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit
 Sarah's Craft Shed and our host Sarah will explain.

So here is my desk for today!


New dies and a mould.


But don't worry I've done some more testing with the colour shift paint and the card you saw here last week.

I know you wanted to see the finished card and it's here.

All the detail can be found on the Monday blog post:

and the colour shift paints are here......


I have repositioned the samples so that the light hits them differently as it's that which causes the colours to shift.


The eight on the right are solid watercolours but try as I did I can't get good covereage whereas with the paints on the left are Lisa Horton Interference reinkers and the coverage is brilliant.


I have turned the samples round here which makes the watercolours look slightly better but the colour shifting effect is definitely better on the Lisa Horton reinkers which you can also get as ink pads too.


Since trying these I have some powders too so we'll see how they do then all I have to do is de cide how to use them.

So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 

and 
happy crafting,

Angela x

11 comments:

Helen said...

the paints look fun, but not if you can't get good coverage! the fishy card is great. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You’ve done some great pics showing the new colours as you can really see the iridescence and changes which is really hard to get across in a pic. Love the card too, made me laugh!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Oh your card came out so great! I bet it looks even better in real life with the special paints. Love the swatching - a girl after my own heart! Have a fun week! Lisa-Jane #11

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, and I love the colour-shift paints. I have a few, but haven't really tried them yet! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

I was really interested in the shift paints and how exciting that you can get the in ink pads. Must investigate but not buy. I still use my Twinkling H2O's from years ago and don't think they will ever run out. Love your fishy card!
Hope we soon see the new mould in action.
I once trapped a cat's tail in my car door. He never bothered really when I did it again straight away. Seriously! Maybe this is pay back!
Hugs Neet 2 xx

Annie said...

I love the colour shift paints...they remind me of silk fabrics.
Hugs,
Annie x # 12

BJ said...

Oh no new dies - drool drool. Thanks for the colour charts for the paints very interesting. Super fish card. Hugs BJ#7

Sarah Brennan said...

Those Lisa Horton paints certainly look lush Angela. I have some similar embossing powders and I don't play with them enough. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Twiglet said...

Fintastic fishy card! Your colour charts are a work of art in rhemselves- something very pleasing about a shade card. - or is it just me🤣

Crafting With Jack said...

It’s amazing what a change in light direction does. Interesting paints/re inkers. I have some mica paints waiting to be tried. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Mary Anne said...

Ooooh those colour shift paints look stunning! Can't wait for a project or two :). Love that card, as well.
A late desk hopping - the vaxx laid me low…
Mary Anne (3)

Blogs I follow

01 09 10