Monday 6 July 2020

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey. 
I am here to show you a card made with this Masterboard.


Not what I would normally think of as a Masterboard but several sheets of card that have been brayered with paint so they are the basis of what I will use to make this card.


I had been watching Tracy Evans playing with this stamp and decided I quite liked it despite having told myself I didn't need it! 
Oh well!


Anyway here it is and I've stamped it onto several of the brayered sections so that I have lots to play with.


I can now make my mind up as I go along what to use.



 Stamped on some old book pages.


And from there I started to put the card together. Ripped some of the book page and attached it.



The spotlighted circle is from one of the other stamped pieces and I've also cut out the body sections of the beetles and glazed them before attaching them. Spotlighting is one of Tracy's favourite things to do.


Looks okay but we're not there yet.


I've used one of the splashy stamps to add more interest, stamping it several times without reloading with ink and a sentiment stamp along the bottom. 


Here we are all finished. 
I decided to mount it on to a cream card blank to match the old book pages so edged it first with green distress ink.
And to complete the design I've added several enamel dots.



You can just about see here that I've added some of the beetles to the inside too. 

I do have several pieces left so I'll be back soon to show you how I used them up.

I would love to hear your comments.


Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Amazing what you did with the initial masterboards/brayered paint. The colours are fabulous and the stamp set looks great. I enjoyed reading the process Angela and how it all came together. It's not finished until it is finished and I love it x. Tracy influenced and then you sure made it your own. One of my favourite cards you've made Angela....x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Angela !!! WOW I really love this. I think the length is quite unique. And the variety of fun designs.Thanks for sharing, always fun to visit and I am starting to have extra time. Oh my it's been a long time !! Queen of Master boards, stay safe and keep on playing.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

It's always fun to pop by and see what craft work you're doing. I'm not a fan of bugs, but I like that stamp. And I chuckled when you said you didn't "need" it. It looks great on the old book pages. I think we all deserve to treat ourselves with little niceties after this Lock Down we've all been experiencing.

Craftyfield said...

Very successful use of the scrap papers! Lovely stamp too, in fact lots of the AALL stamps are great. Personally, when they come out with a new release, I close my eyes, otherwise I'd lose my resolve and it's not particularly strong to begin with!!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Made it my mission to come check this out before I head out for care duties, lovely composition Angela, the cream really balances it all so well. A fabulous showcase of Tracy's stamps. There are so many stamp set I try to convince myself out of but sometimes our creative heart just has to win.. Beautiful.
HUGS Tracey xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love seeing your process on the card, Angela, even if it's not your 'normal' type of masterboard. Fabulous card!!!

Crafty Claire said...

Brilliant collaging. It's always good to take someone else's technique but make it in your own style. Really lovely end result xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely fantastic, thank you for the mention and thank you for purchasing my design and showcasing so beautifully. Hugs ❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10