Friday 3 July 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.



I managed to get a better photograph of the new fish Jaffa and now you can see the gorgeous orange colour and pattern on him.
He's next to Big Mama fish though she is more difficult to see as she is much darker but if you look at the size of her head in comparison to his it will give some idea of how much bigger she is.


Last of the summer fruit.
These cherries are gorgeous and great for eating while I read the Private Eye.
If you read the Private Eye you may have seen this and if you don't read it you should as it tells the news as it really is and things you will never be told in the newspapers.

For those of you who don't know the Private Eye it's a British satirical and current affairs news magazine, edited by Ian Hislop. The publication is well known for it's criticism and sarcasm of public figures though to be honest they often deserve it.

Other than that I don't have a lot this week as we've been busy with my mum as she had another fall on Sunday and hurt her foot but I'm pleased to say that by Tuesday she was feeling better. She still finds it difficult trying to recognise the carers as they all wear masks and she doesn't know who is doing what. It's very frustrating for her.

Normally there would only be two carers visiting but there are still some disappearing through illness and the company are continually trying to recruit so there are plenty of jobs to be had in the care sector.
She had her birthday this week and she is 92 so that's enough to make anyone smile.

We have been walking the dogs in the park.


The willows are doing well after their savage pruning.


And Maisie and Stan wait patiently while I take the photographs.


So that's it really.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Helen said...

I love that cartoon - that will be me next week!! the willows look great in the park. Must be so hard for your Mum with her carers anonymous in their masks! have a good weekend

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, what a week for you, Angela. Big Mama is HUGE compared to all the other fish in the pond. Jaffa is beautiful, though.

Your cherries look really lovely. Looks like the netting was worth the time, effort, and expense to keep these cherries from the birds.

Stan and Maisie look adorable and are so patient, too.

I've never heard of the Private Eye, but I would LOVE to read what they think of our joke of a president.

Sorry to read about your mother falling. Balance is important as we age. Glad she is doing better and wish her a belated happy birthday from a friend in the states. I can understand her frustration with not knowing who people are behind the masks. Some here in the states are taking photos of themselves and wearing them as part of their badges so people can identify with and recognize them. You might suggest that to the home where she is staying.

Have a super Friday and a great weekend, Angela. Again, a belated happy birthday to your mother.

Annie said...

So sorry to hear your mum had another fall but thankful she's now much better....it's such a dificult time of life. Many belated birthday wishes to her. The willow trees look very like my hair at the mo :-)...wild and willowy hehe. Your dogs are so patient...but I'm left wondering why they are heading in different directions lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The fish look great. And your dogs look fantastic, posing for their photo. I'm sorry to hear your Mom fell again.

mamapez5 said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum. My oldest sister was also 92 last week. I was her bridesmaid when I was three!
Jaffa is beautiful and so is Big Mama. in fact they all are. I used to love watching my koi carp in our pond in UK. We found a huge one, sadly deceased, on our lawn once. We didn't know whether it had been dropped by a heron or dragged there by a cat, but it wasn't one of ours!. My husband has Private Eye delivered out here but I rarely look at it. I was never into sarcasm, so I don't find it such entertaining reading as he does. To each his own etc...
Kate x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh dear, your poor mum - another fall. Glad she's soldiering on. I know exactly what you mean with unknown carers/anonymous masks - our 102 year old neighbour (103 in four weeks' time!) is having exactly the same problem, and with her mild dementia it's even worse.

Cracking cartoon from Private Eye (John Crace in the Guardian, the US late-night hosts and Phil Moorhouse's A Different Bias channel on youtube are keeping us sane news-wise), and what delicious looking cherries. Enjoy them!
Alison x

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum Angela....It must also be so frustrating for her with the different carers etc x. The willow trees are looking a whole lot better. I managed to buy some cherries this week and so enjoyed them. DH isn't fond of cherries so I had them all to myself. I wish I had a tree in the garden like you...x Wow to the size of Big Mama fish...x
Thanks for the funny and thanks for sharing the adorable photo of Maisie and Stan x Very wet, windy and cold up here today x.

Kyla said...

Hope your mum is on the mend, it is really difficult to recognise people with PPE and can understand the frustration and confusion too. Loving the cherries, its been a great harvest in the UK this year for them (delicious too). We love Private Eye, used to have a subscription to it and it takes SO long to read as there is SO much to read in it!!

kyla

Lisca said...

I was convinced I had commented, but this morning I was reading your WOYWW post and I saw that I hadn't. So, I'm sorry for the late reply. Better late than never.
I really had a giggle at the social distance hairdresser.
It is really difficult this social distancing. We have booked the camp site as we have a ferry booking to come over to the UK since January. Our daughter and family have booked onto the same camp site but we are not allowed to interact with them. Do they really think they can keep us grandparents from hugging our grandchildren? We will just do it outside the gates. Hopefully they will have relaxed the rules a bit by the end of August when we go.
Your summer fruit looks gorgeous.
I feel for you and your worry about your mum. Also it's a long drive when you need to go and see her. But hopefully she'll get used to the carers, and eventually recognize them by their voice.
Even the weeping willows have finally had a haircut. They look better now, and the branches will grow again.
Have a good week,
CU soon (on Friday),
Lisca

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Please wish your mom a happy birthday from Canadian orchard country...sorry to hear about her fall. May those masks soon be a thing of the past! Happy weekend, Angela!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10