Friday 12 January 2024

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


The lake is filling up in the park and causing the Dyke 
to fill up with water too.
It's interesting that a large part of Lincolnshire is actually 5 metres below Sea Level though not the area where we live which is slightly above.


We appear to have more lakes now than usual.



But the swans are getting on well.


You may remember that last week I said that part of the A1 had closed well this week it was the turn of Dunham Bridge which goes over the Trent and joins Nottinghamshire and Linconshire. It's difficult to see the toll booths but they are actually right at the top and not covered by water and the river was below them but not any more!
We will not be going that way on Monday to see my mum!


Later in the week this was shown on the news that some mad person thought they could drive through the water and over the bridge......they did not manage it! Crazy!
The last news relating to Dunham Bridge is that they do not know when it will be able to reopen.

I think we need to finish with a few smiles.


That could easily be Alfie.
Possibly Daisy!
Could be either of them!


This is happenening to me at this very moment Lol! Hee! Hee!

Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

7 comments:

mamapez5 said...

My word. Here we are struggling with water shortage and you are drowning in it! I hope it doesn't get any closer, and doesn't stop you getting to visit your mum.
Your funnies were right on the mark, as cats are just the same. And Tango looks so put out if he jumps on me and finds Leo has got there first! They are all experts at the lap-top slither!
Hopefully the water will have receeded by next week. Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

Dogs and cats really have a way of conditioning their people. Lincolnshire always reminds me of living here near the Rhine. In London we always had water in the basement from the Thames, then in Lincoln and Louth there was always water and here, too. I must like it! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Yikes on all the water!
And... really. How dumb can one be?! To drive into that....
Thanks for the funnies, have a great day, hugs xXx

Annie said...

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink eh? It's not surprising that the English love talking about the weather is it? Really love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

You really made me laugh with the 'laptop slither'!
Oh my! What a lot of water. Give us some please. We have severe water shortages. I've just read that water in Fuengirola will be cut off for 7 hours a day. I'm sure many municipalities will follow.
Take care when driving to your mum's.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kyla said...

ooh I know what the floodings like, many of my family live on the somerset levels and I grew up in a flood plain-you always have one muppet who tries driving through!! Hopefully the next week dry weather gives it a chance to recede.
Thanks for visiting my desk already and loving your yellow and black masterboard from last week too, really nice
kyla

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm having a good laugh over the nutcase who literally drowned his/her car. Heaven help us all. 🤣

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10