Friday 19 January 2024

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Pleased to say we were able to get to see my mother without having to drive around Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire as the bridge at Dunham is open again. 
Still lots of water in the fields but at least the road is clear.


These guys have been out early most mornings recently, guess they are practicing for something but wish they would fly somewhere else. It's nice to see them but they do make a lot of noise.

However they were not out on Tuesday morning.


It was very cold with a light covering of snow when we got up.


By the time I was dressed it started to snow a little more. This is at the back of the house.


And this is the front.


Not enough to stop us walking the dogs.
But it looks cold and it was.


I didn't take this photo but it's the same day and thought you might like it.
This is Lincoln Cathedral.
The photo was taken from the Hotel across the road from the Cathedral.


Not too much snow and it was gone by late afternoon so we went to Downtown near Grantham. I so love a bit of shopping and of course I found something nice to buy.

Crafting too this week with some collage papers.


If you were around on Wednesday you may have already seen this, more to follow soon.

Can't think of much else so I'm going to leave you with some dog funnies.


If you have dogs, or cats for that matter you will be used to this.


You cannot have a dog and expect to keep any space for yourself!


Still it shows they love you.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those are beautiful planes, but I'm sure they are loud. I live in the center west part of town. Early in the morning if the tv isn't on, I hear the planes take off from the airport, but if I lived on the east side of town, the jets from the air force take off all day long. They are LOUD and they rattle windows.

Your house is beautiful and SO different from those in my world. We got 8 inches a couple of weeks ago, so your snow looks more like a dusting.

I'll have to check out your Wednesday post because I like your collage papers.

Darling dog funnies. I can relate when it gets cold here with my two fur babies. Have a great rest of Friday and a great weekend, too, dear Angela.

mamapez5 said...

So glad the roads are clearer now, so you can visit mum more easily.
The snow is pretty but I am glad it doesn't get that cold here.
I love watching the red arrows and other aeriel displays, but to have them constantly flying over must be a bit annoying.
Nothing like a bit of retail therapy. It is good you found something nice to buy.
The aimal funnies made me smile. Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

We have a lot of plane noise here as the airport is so close. Great to see Lincoln Cathedral again. Loved the dog funnies, they do like company! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

When I think of flight-shows I think of Ramstein.
I am SO glad we´ll have summer come February (holiday in Perth) - I am sick of the cold!
We have no animals. I wished for a cat at age 4 and got a German Shepherd.... And once I had a very cute and clever mouse. xXx

Annie said...

We had a sprinkling of snow a couple of mornings this week but thankfully it didn't last....I'm not a fan as you know lol. Love your funnies....Milly loves to squease by the side of either of us in our chairs :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Haha, I'm still giggling about "She hasn't even noticed". As if...
I love the Red Arrows but I suppose there are limits.
I get cold just looking at your snow pictures. I'm so glad I no longer live in northern Europe. It's cold enough here (13 degrees C), Tomorrow even colder! (11 degrees C).
Lovely photo of Lincoln Cathedral though.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

we used to laughingly say about our labra-daughter Chelsea who slept between us and wedged herself in
time to get up when you fall off the bed

we live too close to an air force training ground and hear LOUD noise

we're getting snow too, then the intense Colorado mountain sun melts it within a few days, or evaporates it!
Lee Anna and Milo

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I was surprised to see some snow in your post - that's a switch, isn't it?! Love the journal page, and I look forward to seeing more of those!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10