Friday 24 May 2024

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

   Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


I don't know why Alfie puts up with this but Daisy has to be next to Des and usually pushes him out of the way but as he wouldn't move she sat on him.


Not that he looks bothered.


This was actually last Friday but it was too late to post it. This is the garden centre cafe at Brigg.


The weather wasn't brilliant but it didn't matter.


It is a lovely place to eat.


And we had a good old fashioned steak pie. I don't eat potatoes but who would need them with all those gorgeous vegetables. I do understand that some of you wouldn't agree with that Lol!


We did have a walk round and these were some of the  things for sale.


Not something I would buy but had to admire the Schnauzer.


He/she is a lot better behaved than my two!


Hope you can see this little chap, he was hiding amongst the plants when I was tidying up a bit but didn't seem to be bothered by me.


I had another visitor landed on my hand when I was putting the washing out.
In case you're confused I am wearing my wedding ring on the other hand at the moment as the finger on my left hand is a little swollen just a bit of arthritis.

I did go and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last week too.


It's lovely to see the theatre doing so well. which was a great day.


Saturday was the woyww Crop at Stoke on Trent.

I've got behind a bit posting some of these but it's been a difficult couple of weeks and it was this Wednesday sadly that my mum died but she will be at rest now.

That's probably enough for one day but got to finish with a smile.




Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

10 comments:

Helen said...

Glad you managed some smiles today. hope you have a good week, although no doubt you are busy sorting things for your Mum's funeral. Helen xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Angela, so sorry to hear about your Mum, may she rest in peace. And look after yourself. Hugs, Valerie

Julia Dunnit said...

Angela I'm so sorry for your loss. Doesn't matter what the circumstances or age, losing your Mum has to be one of the har£eat things. You had a busy week of out and abouting after the crop weekend. It was so great to see you and to meet Des.

Iris Flavia said...

Your dogs are too funny! And the food looks great. I try to do low carb, but then I am German.... #beer.
On eis "allowed" to switch the wedding ring? And another thing learned!
Sorry about your Mum. As long as she stays in your heart she is not gone. I lost mine 2011 and she is still with me.
To a great weekend, find some lovely things to do... xXx

Lisca said...

What?! Your mum died on Wednesday? Oh I'm so sorry! My sincere condolences.
Was that a bat in amongst the plants? Or a toad? It's difficult to see.
Enjoy your weekend,
Lisca

Annie said...

You have lots to smile about this week...even knowing your Mum is now at peace will make you smile although there will be a lot to feel sad about....We never have them long enough even when they have had a long life.
Biggest hugs,
Annie x

Dotty Jo said...

Always enjoy your posts, Angela! Happy weekend, Jo x

mamapez5 said...

Sorry you lost your mum this week Angela, but as you say, she is at rest now. I know you have sorted a lot of her things already, so I hope it is not too arduous for you this week. I will be thinking of you.
I wonder why garden centres almost always have a really good restaurant. maybe it is because a lot of coach tours stop to have a browse. Your lunch certsinly looks delicious, and I am with you, on the potatoes. I just love pastry, so a good pie doesn't need potatoes as well.
Welcome to the little frog. I like almost all the wild-life that wanders into my garden as long as it isn't a big, hairy spider.
I don't recognise many of the faces from the WOYW group now., but itis a good few years since I was a regular ontheir Wednesday posts.
I hope you can get through this week, still smiling at the end of it. Kate x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I am so sorry Angela to hear of your mother's passing. It's an adjustment but a sort of peacefulness as quality of life leaves is not fun for anyone. May you find joy in memories and the bright stars above.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Angela, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She must have been a marvellous woman, judging by the daughter she raised. I'm sure she is loving her present viewpoint of your life, and feeling much more at ease. 💗

I must say, I am gobsmacked by your garden centre photos - not only the things to be purchased but the mouth-watering look of that meal. Drooling over my computer here in Canada.

Blogs I follow

01 09 10