Friday 5 May 2023

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


I love these flowers they are so pretty and are doing really well as I only planted them last year and they have grown really well.


We have been spending some time in the garden this week.


We have loads of Bluebells, white and pink ones too and although I know they are poisonous to dogs we have not had any problem so far. 
Alfie likes to lay on them but neither of them or any dogs we've had before have tried to eat them.


The fruit trees are flowering nicely and we've not had any frosts during this time so fingers crossed we get some fruit.


Normally we love to see the Red Arrows flying over but they have been flying very low and they are very loud but guess once the coronation is over we will get a bit of peace.
So here they are practicing ready for Saturday.


Next my main bit of fun for this week.


It was Craft Club on Saturday.


This is Sandra who did the project this week.
These samples are the stages in making.


It was so much fun as she had found a template to make a pop out pigs face.


And this was how it ended up, he is so cute though I'm not quite sure who I could send it to yet.


These were some of the fronts we made.

I don't have a lot more to show you as we've had a busy week sorting stuff for my mum but it looks as if we're getting there and she is really happy in the Care Home and has made friends with some of the other ladies who live there.

So I'll finish with a few funnies.

Dog funnies obviously!



Hope they make you smile.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful flowers ideen - too cold here still.
Wow on the red arrows. Must be a tough job!
Love the pig(s)! Now that I am grown up. As teenager I was called that due to my nose.
Glad your Mum found friends. It must be a hard step to start anew. It always is...
I grew up till age 4 with a BMW3 :-) There were no such "fancy things!
Ewww to the last. We had a dog who did this... Let´s think of lighter times and to a great weekend xxx

mamapez5 said...

I think that pig card is great. I used to know two people who collected pigs but they have moved on and I no longer have contact, but they would have enjoyed reciving these.
Your bluebells are beautiful. I do prefer the really delicate wild ones, but I had these sturdier wite, pink and blue ones in my garden too, in UK. I didn't know they were dangerous for the dogs.
A good selection of doggie fun too. Kate x

Annie said...

Lovely flowers Angela...I almost wanted to say snap :-) Weve always had bluebells in the garden and had no problem with the dogs. Loved your funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Beautiful flowers. I also didn't know they were toxic for dogs.
Those piggie cards are really fun. I agree, I wouldn't know who to send them to either. But they are great.
I enjoyed the funnies too.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun funnies again! Your garden is looking good, hope everything grows and thrives for you. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting. I'm taking care of two homes, four cats, four sandboxes, and four food bowls, as well as four demanding cats, two of whom don't like sharing me.

I've never seen a real bluebell. That pig was adorable. So glad you shared it. Had to laugh at the funnies, too. Dogs are as funny as cats.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm just so happy to hear that your mom is doing well in the care home, and has made some friends. It's a huge transition, and it sounds as though it's being a good one for her. Kudos to you for finding the perfect place for her.

Your craft day looks a blast, and there's just something about those pigs that have me grinning ear to ear. Goodness knows why since I was terrified of them on my grandparents' farm. :D

Happy week, my friend, and happy spring sunshine to boot!!

Crafty Claire said...

Brilliant shot of the Red Arrows. A shame the weather meant we didn't get to see them. I do love bluebells and have had a couple of walks in the Surrey woods. Really spectacular if you get the timing right and see them in full bloom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10