Friday 9 August 2024

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

      Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
Picking some carrots, I think the soil is a bit too firm for them which is why we have some strange shapes.
However they taste good!


Look at these two, not the best carrots but cute pair.


A few more pics from the Country Fair.
These are just gorgeous.


All handmade.


Some history of the County.


And then into the flower tent.


Interesting display.


Gorgeous roses.


Vegetables.


Cake, scrummy.


Cacti


You may have guessed by now that this is a real village show with lots of displays by the Women's Institute.


And the children's displays are next.


And when you get tired of all that you can visit the house of fun.


A couple of pics of some of my favourite friends.


Alfie relaxed as he sits looking through the window.


And I am helping my little friend with the potatoes.
In case you wondered I'm wearing a sun hat as I was sitting outside until I was called in to help Rosie with the potatoes.
She's good at the washing but not allowed to use the knife to cut the big ones.

Think that's about it so a few dog funnies to finish.





Now that's got to make you smile.
Might be a bit late getting round today as I have to go out but I'll get to you soon.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun and uplifting post. I smiled a LOT as I read.

Those carrots had me smiling. At least they tasted good.

Sorry I missed last week and the start of your Country Fair. Those chairs are amazing.

How nice to get a bit of history with the fair, too. Those roses were gorgeous. I enlarged the photo. And I am hungry after seeing all those cakes. Some pf the children's displays were quite good.

Loved the funnies with the dogs. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, Angela. Nice to see you face, too.

mamapez5 said...

The fair was lovely. I enjoy a proper country fair. The Shresbury Flower Show was a bit like that with all the beautiful displays and a table forthe children's exhibits, and I always enjoyed going to that.
Your carrots made me smile. You must have some rather stoney ground, but home grown always taste so much better than shop ones. It is good to see Rosie helping out and proper safety prcautions in place. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Love the carrots!
LOL the skeleton. Our Henry says hi! (Ingo bought a skelton ages ago and was "afraid" to show it to me. It sits now on the wardrobe and we called him Henry as in Henry the Lion who made this city and watches over us.
Great show, thank you for sharing.
Cute pic of you and Rosie.
Thank you for the smiles, have a great Friday xXx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your carrots are hilarious. And I love your sun-hat. Great funnies, too, and all about dogs! Have a great weekend, dear, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

I love a good country show. Our nearest was the Bath and West show. But I've also been to a big one in Carlisle when I happened to be there years ago.
The house fo fun looks interesting. What was inside?
I love the chairs. Apparently it's very lucrative to re-upholster old chairs. Ever seen that program where they go to the skip and ask people for things and then re-purpose them, sell it too.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Annie said...

I love home grown carrots but sadly haven't grown any this year. It doesn't matter what they look like...I can taste them from here. Lots of smiles today.
Hugs,
Annie x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

loving your carrots, especially that cute entwined pair! You pictures from the country fayre look fab too, so much work has gone into the event, I haven't been to one in years. Have a great weekend, Michelle#13 x

Blogs I follow

01 09 10