Friday 2 August 2024

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Saturday was Craft and Chat Club again


and Jo Channon came to show us a card tutorial.


You can see here everyone gave it their best.


These are the samples Jo brought.


The technique is very similar to the Retiform masterboards I make but done on a smaller piece of card.


And here are some of my friends busy working away on their cards.



Oh! and I mustn't forget there was some shopping too!


Shopping, love it!

And if that's not enough we went to the Heckington country fair on Sunday.

This is one of the largest village shows in the UK.
The first time we went to it in 1988 the show just covered the village recreation ground and now it's covering several acres of land.

So here goes.


Vikings.




Bet Elizabeth will like that one.
It's so good to see these and so well looked after too.


We always have to go round and look at the old cars that are on show.
This is from the 1960s.


It was a lovely lady that owned this and it was in great condition.


Lots of shopping available too.


And some beautiful sheep.

But there are too many photos for today so I'll save the rest for next week so we'll finish with some funnies......







Probably true!

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

4 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

That looks like great fun with the card-making!
Oh, boy, this festival looks like Sehusafest in my home-town, Seesen. My whole family is participating!
You kinda make me go again! Had a longer discussion on this last Friday with my Brother when I was visiting.
Love the carousel and the car.
I get my daily cat-dose from my friend as we decided a pet is too much responsibility and won´t work with our oversea´s travel..... Because... pets are family!
Have a great Friday xXx

Annie said...

That looks like a fun week Angela. I guess you take the dogs with you to the show? I'm loving the sun but would like it to be a little cooler...so glad we have fans.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

Jo made nice cards to inspire your group this week. I used the 'fractured card' technique to make a set of Christmas cards for a monthly challenge blog recently.
The show looks fun with lots of variety to catch your interest.
I hope you have a good week. Kate x

Lisca said...

The village show looks like great fun and also the craft day looks fun. I love those cards, great for using up bits I guess.
I agree that pets asre family asnd because of that I csnnot have pets. Too much responsibility and of course difficult when you want to go away. When my friend and I traveled through Europe, we couldn't visit any museum or cathedrals, and not many restaurants will let a dog inside. So, no dog for me.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Blogs I follow

01 09 10